We have plenty of experience filing US tax returns for people with assets in Germany. We speak German and are familiar with German tax rules. We understand German documents and can work easily with these without needing them translated.
If you’re a US person with shares in a foreign corporation (an UG, GmbH or AG) you may need to report the financials of your company in your US tax return. We’re happy to accept and work with your HGB financial statements without needing translations. We are also happy to communicate directly with your German accountant (auch auf Deutsch) about any questions to make the process easier for you.
We offer a variety of services US-based clients including:
- Individual tax return preparation and filing
- Reporting German and other international income and assets
- Maximizing foreign tax credits and applying tax treaties to minimize double tax between Germany and the US
- Reporting foreign bank and investment accounts including passive foreign investment companies (FBAR, 8938 and 8621)
- Foreign corporation and foreign partnership reporting (5471, 8865, Sec. 965 Transition Tax and GILTI)